- 18 oz of frozen mixed berries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Thaw, rinse, & drain berries.
- Place a saucer in the freezer for later.
- Combine berries, sugar, and lemon juice in bowl and mix well. Leave out at room temp. stirring occasionally for two hours.
- Transfer mixture to saucepan & bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to prevent burning.
- Mash to thick puree then reduce to medium heat and gently boil for about 20 minutes or until the mixture starts to thicken & stirring often.
- Remove from heat to test jam for gelling point. Drop a teaspoon full onto the saucer from the freezer and place back into the freezer for about a minute. Test by pushing the jam with your finger. If it is ready, it will wrinkle on the surface. Cook a few minutes longer if it fails to do this and test again until it gels.
- When ready, ladle jam into a clean jar. Place in refrigerator when cool. Jam will last about 2 weeks in the refrigerator.