NGY is getting a group of local fiber crafters together to setup demos and learn-alongs for fiber crafts at the upcoming Maker Faire KC event. I have applied to setup a space to help people learn a little more about hand spinning, knitting and crochet in addition to a vendor booth. Here is the plan:
- – Hand spinning demonstration – bring your spindles and your wheels and hang out with us & answer questions from visitors about the process of turning wool fibers into yarn.
- – Hand spinning Learn-Along: Several drop spindles will be available for visitors to try their hand at spinning – sponsored by Julie from Bad Kitty Yarns.
- – Knit & Crochet Learn-Along: Stop by and learn the knit stitch or the single crochet or try your hand at finger knitting.
- – Knitting & Crochet demos – Bring your projects and knock out some WIPs & hang out with us!
The NGY vendor booth will have:
- – Project kits for spindling and fiber batts & rovings from Bad Kitty Yarns
- – Hand dyed yarns & project kits for beginners as well as advanced knitters & crocheters